Bare Minerals Foundation Review

12 March 2015



For a while now I have been searching for a foundation that I can wear on a everyday basis that looks natural and doesn't feel cakey on the skin. Whenever I have a liquid foundation on it always feels heavy on my skin and feels as though my skin can't breathe. I hate the feeling of feeling make up on the skin, does that make sense? Unless of course its for a night out or a night time event then I love to pile it on as much as I can!

I think that the reason why I don't like wearing thick foundation on a day to day basis is because I have quite dry skin, so unless I'm having a good skin day then it can sometimes look flakey and patchy. After being unsatisfied with liquid foundation for a natural day time look I was using a concealer on any problem areas and then brushing a light powder over my face. Although this was quite a good method for the "no make up make up look", I was just bored of it, and I didn't find doing my make up very exciting.

In the past I have thought about getting the Bare Minerals Foundation because I heard that it was good for dry skin types and for people who want a more natural look. When I was passing my local Bare Minerals counter I thought what the heck and on a whim I purchased the foundation in the colour "Medium Beige" (Why are those sale ladies so persuasive!?). Since purchasing the foundation I haven't looked back, I absolutely love it! It feels light on the skin, adds a good amount of coverage and lasts a really long time.

Foundation in pot

Foundation on face (Excuse the naked eyes)


These photos were only taken on my phone but I think you can still see how it looks on the skin. It kind of gives this dewiness which I love. The best thing about this foundation it that even if I'm having a dry skin day I can still wear foundation, because the patches don't show up as much compared to a liquid foundation. I originally bought the foundation from Debenhams but when I repurchase it (yes I will be repurchasing thats how much I love it), I will probably get it off Feel Unique because it is a little bit cheaper.

Overall would recommend to anyone! For people with oil skin they do a "matte" finish foundation which may be better suited for you.

Thanks for reading lovelies,

Jessica


2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© Jessie Glam. Design by Fearne.