GERARD COSMETICS Lipstick Review

22 November 2015



For a while now I have seen Gerard Cosmetics pop up on various blogs and Youtube videos and thought, "what amazing packaging I have to try them lipsticks one day!".
A couple of weeks back I was watching one of ImogenFoxyLocks's Youtube videos were she was using Gerard Cosmetics and was promoting a 40% off discount code. So of course I wasted no time and went straight onto the website and ordered 3 lipsticks. How could I resist 40% off!??
The lipsticks retail at £12.98 on the website ($19), however they were coming from America so there was a delivery charge. I think they do sell them in the UK on BeautyBay for around the same price but the 40% off only applied on the actual Gerard Cosmetics website.
After waiting a couple of weeks they finally arrived and I could not wait to open them. My initial thoughts were that the packaging was so amazing, and also that they looked more expensive then you would think (a bit like YSL).  The colours I chose, 1995, French Toast and Tequila Sunrise all look lovely, however 1995 and French Toast are very very similar. After trying and testing all of the colours I decided that 1995 was my favourite off them all. I found that  for all the lipsticks the colour pay off wasn't the best and I didn't think that the lipsticks were worth the money. I would much rather save my money for a MAC lipstick for a few pounds more. 

1995
Matte finish.
Good colour pay off, but slightly drying on the lips (in my opinion).
Best used with a lip liner, smudged/"leaked" easily.



French Toast
Creamy/glossy finish.
Very similar to 1995 in colour.
Found it not to last very long on the lips.
Best used with a lip liner, also leaked.


Tequila Sunrise 
Bright summer colour.
Creamy texture and finish.
Colour pay off not very good, had to re-apply a few times.




 Tequila Sunrise, 1995, French Toast

French Toast and 1995 look very similar on the above pictures but on this picture you can kind of see the difference. 1995 being the middle shade which you can see is matte and French Toast is more glossy.


Thanks for reading lovelies

Jessie Glam
 

1 comment

  1. Perfect review! Love these shades!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Jessie Glam. Design by Fearne.