GARNIER Oil Infused vs Original Micellar Water | Review

19 September 2016



For a long time now I have been using Garnier Micellar Water as my go to make up remover. I love it so much, it's great for my sensitive skin and it doesn't dry my out. A couple of weeks back I noticed Garnier had released a new Micellar Water, the 'Oil Infused Micellar Water'. I was excited to try this because I am such a big fan of the original. I was attracted to the 'oil infused' aspect of the product because an oil removes eye makeup a lot quicker. However from having a few tries of this product I was not completely impressed.

Suitability for Sensitive Skin
The Oil infused water did not work as well with my skin compared to the original. It had a strong perfume scent to it that the original doesn't. Unfortunately this meant that it did not suit my sensitive skin. Although I prefer the original the oils did leave my skin feeling really soft so I would recommend if you are not sensitive to strong perfumed products.

Winner: Original Micellar

Application & Time
The Oil Infused water can be a little bit more work to use, this sounds lazy but because it is an oil based product you have to mix it up every time you use it. Then you have to quickly squirt some onto a cotton pad before it separates again. Although this is not a big deal it just makes it more of a faff to use compared to the original.

Winner: Original Micellar

Removing Makeup
I would say that they both remove makeup well, but I think the Oil Infused removes eye makeup a bit better. An oil tends to remove eye makeup a lot better, and I found that this was true for this product as my makeup seemed to melt away a lot easier.

Winner: Oil Infused Micellar

Overall the Oil Infused Micellar water is a lovely product in terms of removing makeup more effectively and leaving the skin feeling soft. However in terms of sensitivity and practicality I would say that the original is the winner for me.


Much love,
Jessie Glam


4 comments

  1. I always love reading comparison posts and I've been so intrigued by the Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Water! I have the original and love it, but I think the oil one would be a nice addition for heavier makeup days.

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does work better on heavier makeup :) xx

      Delete
  2. I much agree that I prefer the original. I was really excited by the oil one but it broke me out really bad!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually not tried the oil-infused version but might give it a go just to switch things up a bit :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Jessie Glam. Design by Fearne.