The Autumn Tag 2016

2 October 2016


I have been so excited to finally do an Autumn Tag blog post! I think it's because it is really starting to feel like autumn now. I actually have on a wolly jumper and my comfy spotty pj bottoms that I come back to year after year. Bring on the dark nights and the hot chocolates!

1. What signifies the start of Autumn for you?
This would have to be the brown leaves on the floor and the dark nights. As soon as I see halloween decorations and pumpkins in the shops It makes me feel so homely inside. Maybe this is because I am a winter baby? I don't know what it is but I much prefer Autumn/Winter compared to the summer. I know a lot of people won't agree with me but there is just something about the autumn time that makes me feel very nostalgic. Also I think it is because I have lot of things to look forward too (halloween, bonfire night, birthday and CHRISTMAS). 

2. What is your favourite Fall scent?
Hmmmm I think there could be multiple but I think its going to have to be the smell of a roast dinner cooking on a sunday after. I know this is probably a bit strange as most people probably think it smells like sprouts haha. For me a Sunday roast signifies stodgy food that warms you up so there is nothing better that knowing you have a roast in the oven when its cold outside. In terms of candle scent it would definitely be gingerbread!

3. What is your favourite Autumn colour?
My favourite autumn colour to look at would be burnt orange, obvious I know, but what over colour would you chose!? Burnt orange is the colour of autumn because it reminds me of the leaves on the ground and pumpkins at halloween. My favourite colour to wear would be black or a dark red (wine).

4. What is your favourite Fall drink?

This is my favourite drink all year round, but even more so in the fall! It is a good, old, classic cup of tea! Nothing better than a long day at work or being out in the cold and coming back to cup of tea and a biscuit. It's the little things in life that make me happy. 

5. What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to this Fall?
Im not really sure on this question, I have started watching American Horror Story which has been good so far so I'm looking forward to watching that. I also love watching Hocus Pocus, one of the best fall films.

6. What is your favourite Fall fashion trend?

Polo necks. I hate, I repeat, I hate being cold! Urgh nothing worse, so I love wearing a long sleeve jumper/top that will keep me warm even without a coat. Anyone who knows me knows that I am always cold (I am that person). I also like wearing skirts with tights. Im thinking of getting a tartan skirt this year, or maybe a mustard one.

7. What is your favourite frugal Autumn activity?

Does putting on pjs and wrapping up on the couch in front of the TV count as an activity? Because that is my favourite thing to do. I'm looking forward to blogging, experimenting with fall fashion and autumnal makeup looks. Of course there is the classic pumpkin carving and watching fireworks on bonfire night as well. 

8. What is your favourite makeup look come autumnal weather?
I like dark lips, the cherry reds and the dark purples. I also like that it is okay to be pale. I am not the most tanned person so I love embracing my paleness. Once the Morphe 35o palette comes back into stock I am hoping to order it and try some orangey make up looks.

Thanks for reading, it has definitely made me feel very excited for the Atumun!

Jessie Glam


This Autumn Tag was originally from Makeup Savvy's blog. Check it out and try for your self.

3 comments

  1. I love this! I completely agree with 1 and 4 but I love that your favourite scent is sunday roast! I never considered that but it's so true, I love having slow sundays and tucking into a yummy roast dinner! Lovely post <3 xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tag, Sunday roast smells gorgeous I agree!

    Lauren x | http://www.huggled.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Jessie Glam. Design by Fearne.